- Training Days: 2/3 Days – Weekend/Weekday Batch Available
- Training Platform: Zoom
- Instructor: Having more than 15+ Years of Industry and Teaching Experience.
We want you to make most of the time you spend with our trainers and other participants. Learning maximizes with the perspective of others. So we expect you to go through online articles and videos to prepare for the workshop. The online material includes:
- Learn Agile Manifesto
- Learn basic Scrum Framework
- Go through Scrum Guide
- Learn the basics of Product Management
Learning During Workshop
This is a Product Management workshop. The focus would be more on how a Product Owner discovers what to build and collaborate with development teams to build it. The whole course is split into 4 Sprints with each Sprint trying to Answer the following four questions:
- Why are we building Products?
- What are we building?
- How much do we build?
- How do we build?
We will pick up a sample Product and apply Discovery techniques to learn Product Discovery and run the workshop using Scrum to learn Scrum.
Sprint 1: What is Product Management?
- What is a Product?
- Product Contexts
- Product Development Cycle
- Scrum and Lean Startup to deal with Complexity
Product Management Overview
- Overview of Product Management
- Skills required by Product Managers
- Managing stakeholders
- Challenges in making decisions and decision matrix
- A day of Product Manager
- Product Management Career Path · Difference between a Product Owner and a Product Manager
Sprint 2: Envisioning a Product and Creating a Backlog
Product strategy & Vision
- Product Strategy overview
- Crafting Product Vision
- Communicating Product Vision
- Generating ideas using impact mapping
- Prioritizing ideas
- Designing experiments to validate ideas
Sprint 3: Capturing User Voice and validating Hypothesis
- Various User research techniques
- How to choose a specific user research technique
- Designing experiments to validate problems
- Capturing user voice using experience map
- Generating user stories from data collected during user research
- Design Thinking basics
- Design Sprints
- Validating solution approach
Sprint 4: Creating Product Roadmap and Managing Product Development
Product Planning and Roadmaps
- Brainstorming ideas using Six Thinking hats
- Splitting user stories
- Business Value Estimation
- Identifying MVP
Managing Product Development
- Deciding development cadence
- Running Sprints
- Managing Risks
- Tracking Progress
- Managing changes
We would like you to get started as a Product Owner as soon as possible. So post workshop we have a few mandatory and optional activities for you.
Product Management Case Studies
- Learn to solve specific cases you may face as Product Owner by going through 15 case studies.
Career Counseling by a Coach
- Get mentored by a Coach at your workplace or over Skype to learn to build at your workplace (optional)
On the job mentoring